Monday, November 21, 2011

Friday, November 11, 2011


"As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them." -John Fitzgerald Kennedy

Today was Remembrance Day and I had some activities to facilitate in school this morning.

The quote that I used at the top of today's blog is a result of one of the assignments for this course - remember the meaningful quotes that we had to lookup on teamwork? I thought that I would post the same here for Remembrance Day.

While looking on the net, I found some interesting stuff, for example … 

 The Last Post is the trumpet or bugle call sounded at 10 pm each night to inform soldiers that they should be inside their quarters for the night. It is also sounded at military funerals and commemorative services... to indicate that the soldier has completed his life's work and has entered into his rest.
(SOURCE: Veterans Affairs Canada)
Source: http://www.craigmarlatt.com/canada/symbols_facts&lists/remembrance_day.html

1 comment:

  1. I remember you looking for quotes and I especially liked this idea of finding meaning in these quotes.

    Your idea that you posted for Nov 11 was personally very touching. I especially liked how you tied music into it and I found your link for it. Thanks for sharing this important piece of history!

    ReplyDelete