Friday, November 4, 2011

Thursday, October 27, 2011


Well after the going to the conditioning room and then the rock climbing class tonight, I worked on another assignment for this course.

It was an extension activity called You R What U Eat! This was such an easy assignment, and it was fun! You wanted us to come up with ways that we would use to improve our diets, so here are a few…

  1. Think Color!
Just by eating a variety of color, I think you will eat things that are healthy for you. Berries and vegetables are brightly colored and contain lots of healthy nutrients and when you 
see brightly colored foods it just has to make you smile and want it! 

 Cut - Just learning how to handle a knife. Really! Avoid take out and learn to cook a few simple meals, that’s it!
  1. Whole Grains
Stick to whole grains instead of enriched  - I don’t know why, but it has something to do with the “germ” portion (my mentor teacher explained this) OK, so I have pet rats and I need to eat more like they do by eating more nuts, seeds, peanuts and peas. These foods are great nutritious snacks – my friend Julie who is a diabetic says so! Julie and my rats can’t be wrong, can they?

I am Canadian
A lack of vitamin D is unhealthy and can contribute to a lot of different diseases and conditions. Your body can produce it, but you need sunlight, cannot be overweight or take certain medications.
  
FAT
Avoid the trans fats and take your omega-3 pills or eat more salmon.


H2O - Drink lots of water!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, Kim, the paper looks great.
    I do enjoy your use of photos, especially the color - ties in nicely with your topic.
    Let me know when it is submitted and how you did, OK?

    ReplyDelete