Monday, November 21, 2011

Wednesday, November 2, 2011


So I came back from swimming tonight – laps are soooo boring and I just don't like what it does to my hair - yeah, yesterday I wrote this too!! But I stuck to it tonight and met a nice lifeguard dude!  .... that’s for another blog, not this one .. lol…

Right now, I have so much going on, so much to do and I feel overwhelmed. Sometimes I just want to stay under my warm blankets and let the world go on and just cry till no more tears come out. So I remembered my notes from my PPL10 course and really like this – has to do with dealing with internal conflict. Here’s the notes….

Being involved in any kind of conflict with anyone can be stressful. Sometimes you can even be in conflict with yourself. You remember how conflict can arise from values having different priorities. As you grow up, your own priorities can change, and this can lead to confusion over a lot of decisions you have to make. Your schoolwork is important to you. Your social life is important to you. Difficult decisions can cause stress.

We all experience stress in many forms and here are theTop 10 Ways To Keep Your Cool
·         Stop beating yourself up
·         Stop saying yes
·         Stop and think
·         Stop and talk
·         Stop rushing
·         Stop for lunch
·         Stop and take a walk
·         Stop and breathe
·         Stop working late
·         Stop working too much



1 comment:

  1. Kim, this was an very interesting post you have.

    You talk about what every teen is going through with the anxiety of having a lot on their plate.
    Thanks for sharing your feelings.

    What I especially liked was that you shared some of the notes from your class with us, making it a powerful post. Excellent work!

    ReplyDelete