Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Sunday, August 21, 2011


So yesterday in Juneau, I (and 17 other teens) was supposed to go up in a helicpoter to go on a glacier and go hiking and then mushing with a dog team, but it got cancelled :(  because of the pouring rain.  My parents still went on their hike, so I got to sleep in and hang out at the Vibe with my group of friends! A really lazy day....
 
But today, I went Ziplining, sweeeeeet! 

We went to Herring Cove in Ketchikan, Alaska to experience the Rainforest Canopy & Zipline Expedition.  Once there, we took a Unimog (all-terrain custom 4x4) that took us up a steep rainforest hillside to the chalet.  

This is where the guides outfitted me with the safety equipment and provided me with a detailed orientation before zipping from the first platform!  The first one is a short zip to get you used to the equipment and I felt really goood about it! As the zips progressed, they got longer and higher - check this one out!   Wheeeee…..

The guides progressively eased us into the forest canopy along cables ranging from a short 100-foot zip the 850-foot pulse pounding “Ben’s Revenge”.  The guide said that you can often see eagles and bears from the tree platforms – we saw 4 bears in the creek. 

We zipped the course, which has I think 11 ziplines and 2 suspension bridges. 

 .... can you tell how long the zip is?  I loved flying in to the clouds... wheeeee.......

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your zip-lining adventure! Sounds like it was a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete