Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Tuesday, August 16, 2011


I woke up to another bright and sunny day and am looking at the Disney “Wonder” cruise ship docked at Canada Place.  I will be on that ship in a few hours because our family is cruising through the Inside Passage to various Alaska ports. Got my mitts and hat and I find it hard to believe that I will even need them.

I am not a Disney nerd, but how could I resist getting my picture taken with Captain Mickey....

So this is what it looked like from the Fitness Centre on my treadmill......lol... (my mom took tons of pictures and is known as "mamaratzzi", so we have a lot of pictures from this cruise!)

 

Now here’s the cool part - as the ship cruised out of port and under the Lions Gate Bridge, I was on the treadmill in the fitness center and my mom got a shot with her zoom of the people on the Lions Gate Bridge and they were waving to us!   How neat is that?

Now for some history......(yeah, it's from the Vancouver web site)

The Lions Gate Bridge, officially known as the First Narrows Bridge, is a suspension bridge that crosses the first narrows of Burrard Inlet and connects the City of Vancouver to the North Shore municipalities (North Vancouver and West Vancouver). The term "Lions Gate" refers to The Lions, a pair of mountain peaks north of Vancouver.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Kim! Kudos to you for keeping up with your workouts, even while the cruise ship is leaving the port! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete