Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Saturday, October 8, 2011


Went to the YMCA and did some rock climbing. It was nice since there were not many people at the gym this morning.  The instructor led us through some great stretches – he said he needed to make room for turkey so he made us all work harder (lol).

Then I went to the treadmill – did I say how much I liked the new ones they have a the YMCA? I enjoy running and am comfortable maintaining my bpm in the 160-170 range for 30-40 minutes.

One of our class assignments (for Week 9) talks about  Runner’s High. Its actually a release of ENDORPHINS, a transmitter that helps your brain send and receive signals (I haven’t learned this in science yet, but am anxious to know more since I like science and psychology). Anyways, this endorphin kinda makes you high during and after running. I think that is what I feel while running after about 20 minutes sometimes

I really didn’t believe in this, but once I knew what it was, I think I’ve experienced it, although not always running, but with TaeKwonDo and snowboarding so I don’t think that it is only a runner thing. For me it’s a combo of a mind and body thing when things are just going well!

Anyways, after coming down from my high, I felt really good about everything so when I got home, I felt like baking so I volunteered to bake some special cookies for our family gathering tomorrow for Thanksgiving!


 This is me mixing the dough and then rolling out the "fingers"!

You need to bake them with the almond on the "finger tip".

Once baked, you remove the tip and add some red food colorant and then stick the "nails" back on the "fingers"! Look good, eh?


What do you think of my Witch's Fingers?


I can’t wait for the turkey, stuffing, sweet potato and all of the other stuff that my grandmother makes for us!

1 comment:

  1. Kim,
    Did you say you had a paper about RUNNERS HIGH? Did you need an example? You know that Mme Hurtubise is a x-country runner .... Let's discuss...

    ReplyDelete