Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Wednesday, October 5, 2011


I wanted to go to the gym today, but I got call for an audition for this evening and it turned in to a late night ‘cause I got a second reading. I finally got home at 1h30 am which is abnormally late.  I already know that this is not a great thing for me as I get really cranky. 

My mom let me sleep in the next morning just to help me out so i could get my sleep. Did you know that too little sleep affects your glucose metabolism? (yea, I was listening in science class!). Glucose is a simple sugar that the body uses for energy. If your body make too much, it stores it as fat.
 
There was a recent story on CBC News (http://www.cbc.ca/news/health/story/2011/09/30/sleep-teens-weight.html) that presented a study that showed that teens who go to bed late and wake up late are more likely to be overweight than those who go to bed early and rise early. I’m not really sure about that, since I believe that teens really have different sleep patterns than adults.

Whatever, I know that when I don’t get my sleep, I get cranky, so whatever the reason, I still gotta get to be and get my full 8 hours.

What so you think?

1 comment:

  1. Interesting on how you went from auditions to lack of sleep!.

    Kim, I like how you tie things together! Well done .... and yes, the CBC article is actually a focus on diet and not on sleep distinctions between young people and adults. The article speaks of the studies involving inactivity, leading to overweight teens.

    ReplyDelete