Monday, October 3, 2011

Sunday, September 18, 2011


The pool was still closed and a lot of people were complaining, so not so nicely.  The gym wasn’t busy so I headed for the stepper and did 35 minutes and had a heart rate of 175 bpm for most of the time. I just love this!!!

Anyways, this afternoon I had to start reading up on another paper on Assertiveness.  This was interesting just because I saw the people this morning complaining about the pool being closed and some were very aggressive and mean, some were passive and only one person was assertive.   

It was a very interesting observation.  So, here’s part of the text from my course...

Taking the assertive approach is not about winning or losing. It is about reaching the best outcome for all.  I have the right to:
  • Respect myself
  • Recognize my own needs 
  • Say how I feel
  • Make mistakes
  • Change my mind
  • Think things over
  • Be proud of myself
  • Ask for what I want
  • Be responsible for my own behaviour, and only mine
Equally importantly, I respect others, and their rights as above.


I need to look at the paper I finished yesterday about Joseph Frederick and act out one role in the conflict in three ways; firstly passively, then aggressively, and finally assertively. It’s not coming easily to me today and I have so much to do and study for as I am away all of next week.  My brian is mush and I am tired.  Mom … Dad ….  Help! ..gotta go!  

No comments:

Post a Comment