Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Tuesday, October 11, 2011


That’s it! I’m done with Yoga! No more! Finished!

I really don’t like being the youngest one in the class with these older people. I’ve got to find something with more people of my own age.  I’m tired of always being the person to demonstrate, the person she picks on and pushes harder than everyone else.  “Oh, look at Kim” or ”Do it like Kim is doing it”. Aaaaargh…..

It made me think of the assignment that I am working on where I need to take the role of Joseph Frederick a Juneau, Alaska student in a conflict about free speech, and act it out in 3 ways:
    1. passively (lose control of yourself resulting in a lack of confidence),
    2. aggressively (lose control of the situation resulting in anger),
3.      assertively

So the next time I go to class and feel like I am being picked on, I need to use an assertive way of letting the instructor know that I just wan to be treated like everyone else in the class.

1 comment:

  1. Kim,
    You are always so positive so I was surprised to read about the Yoga Instructor. But you are being very mature about your situation -I especially like how you tied this in with your PPL assignment - well done!
    Have you got your written portion completed yet? Let me know once your revisions are done and we'll take it through a dry run!
    In the meantime, practice your "Downward Dog"!

    ReplyDelete