Thursday, July 21, 2011

Friday, July 15, 2011


Whoo hoo!  I have been “officially” (aka medically) cleared by our family doctor, Dr. K. to start my physical activities, although he still wants me to be careful!  (But we know that I have already been doing things). However, for the time being, it is still “No” to gymnastics, wrestling and horseback riding – things that I really, really miss.
A concussion is a violent jarring or shaking of your head that results in a disturbance of your brain function.
  

I don’t really remember anything about the day I whacked my head on the post, but the X-Ray on the left and the pic (below)  show what happened to my head and brain. 
Within minutes I had a large purple “goose egg” on my forehead that I had to get iced. I later spent 8 hours in Emergency!  And that’s how I celebrated my birthday. 

The Emergency physician ordered my off school (and exams!) for three weeks.  And OMG, I had a really bad headache for about a week and wasn’t allowed to watch TV, use my computer or cell phone to text.   

I felt like I was grounded for something I didn’t do! Arrrgh....

Every few hours, my mom would come in to my room and ask me questions such as "What is your name?", or "What is your birthday"?

I did NOT appreciate being woken up ...... though it would be a neat idea to simply tape a Post-It on my forehead that says "My name is Kim!"


No comments:

Post a Comment