Thursday, July 21, 2011

Wednesday, July 13, 2011


Before returning from the funeral in Montreal, I had the opportunity to stop by at a family friend’s place and do some wakeboarding!  

For wake boarding, your board needs to be horizontal for your takeoff. Once you've got the right pressure, shift your weight and turn the board and you’re up!

I had to remember to keep my knees bent and arms straight while holding on to the rope – keep your elbows bent and you’ll REALLY have sore arms!





It took a few tries before I got up as it is not quite like water skiing. Check me out!


Stay alert, stay sober, stay safe - here are a few safety tips:

  1. Have a designated lookout person
  2. Always have a life jacket
  3. No alcohol on board
  4. Driver should stay alert to his surroundings
  5. Newer safety equipment now available – wakeboard helmet!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment