Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Wednesday, July 6, 2011


My legs were sore this morning!  Anyways, this afternoon I went to the YMCA to meet with Andrew, a YMCA instructor.  My goal was to look at the option of improving my overall strength by working out in their weight and conditioning room.  For this I was required to book an Equipment Certification and I was able to get one at noon today. The objective was to provide me with a safety lesson on their gym equipment. 

 

Andrew spent almost am hour showing me each machine, how it works and how to use it safely and properly.  Andrew said that knowing how each piece of gym equipment works will make it easier for me to achieve results without risking injury. 



When he asked me what my personal goals were, he was glad to hear that I was not there to lose weight, but rather to stay in shape while working on my general body strength!

Andrew said that he gets many teen girls who are there to lose weight when they really shouldn’t be. I think that is sad.  So many teens are so obsessed about their looks and their weight and try all kinds of fad diets and even drugs instead of simply keeping active and having fun!

I am getting anxious to do more but because of my recent concussion, I still need to get my doctor to OK me so that I can “legally” resume my physical activities – I have my appointment on Friday, July 15 and should be good to go by then!

No comments:

Post a Comment