Thursday, July 21, 2011

Saturday, July 16, 2011


Went to the conditioning room this morning to try the weights.   

I’ve heard that more and more girls are working out with weights. Yeah, right - I was the only girl in the room at the gym and immediately alarms started going off in my head, screaming, “MAN ZONE, GET OUT NOW!”  

Everywhere I looked, I saw dudes performing complicated maneuvers with heavy weights!

I was so nervous about going into “dude” territory.  So I made up every excuse about why I couldn't do it, and then I decided to 'just do it' and not let such a dumb fear get in my way. So I dragged myself in there and yeah...... I made a complete fool of myself because I'm not the most graceful girl...especially when nervous!

So what did I learn today?  Don't be afraid to ask for help.  

I couldn’t remember what all of the equipment was for or how it worked, so if certain equipment confuses you or you need help with your form or a spotter, ask someone, preferably a trainer on the floor to help - that's what they're there for!  I've even had another member offer to help me - I'm just over five feet tall and can’t reach everything. Hahaha...

No comments:

Post a Comment