Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Friday, September 16, 2011

Three Cheers for Friday!  My dad went to his Aikido class and dropped me off at the Y where I did 45 minutes of cardio. I am really happy that I could end the week with a great cardio workout - bpm at 170! Oh yeah, the dude push ups were also good today - 3 sets of 15 - YES!!!!!

After the gym, I got a ride to my friends place and chilled with a few of them.  We watched movies and ate snacks. I was hoping that it wasn’t going to be a full-out junk food night. 

So I brought popcorn (Orville Redenbacher’s Microwave Popcorn) and a veggie platter, and we also had a fruit tray and dip!  I am proud of them for knowing that the chips and pop are simply not healthy for us!  OK, so we did have some Coke, but I drank water too!

According to the CalorieCount website for Oriville Redenbacher popcorn (http://caloriecount.about.com/calories-orville-redenbachers-movie-theater-butter-i90209) this specific microwavable brand gets a Nutrition grade of B- , with 120 calories for 102 grams. This mark is actually quite good compared to the other types of popcorn featured on the site! And I thought popcorn would be a healthy choice. 

So I’m glad I didn’t pig out, but I did eat a lot of yellow, orange and red peppers!!! Delicious!

1 comment: